The theme of the Expo impels us to think of ways of achieving social justice in the field of energy, and how to grant access to it for countries that lack energy and resources, making sure that energy is used in a clean and ethical way.”
The Vatican will have its own pavillion named "Energy for the common good: Taking care of the common home.” It will have an itinerary full of experiences and intellectual and spiritual proposals
The Vatican's proposal has five pillars:
1) Energy is a common good of all mankind.
2) Every human being is responsible for it and must contribute to global energy.
3) Energy management must foster peace and not conflict.
4) The main goal of energy is fostering human development.
5) Cooperation between people of all faiths is instrumental to universal access to energy.